For complete rules and regulations for the Wednesday morning league, click the link below:
Wednesday Ladies Day League – Rules & Regulations
Additional prizes may be added by the tournament committee. A player may win only one prize in the final tournament.
9. Awards will be given for:
RINGER SHEET - Low Ringer - Low Putts - Most Improved Ringer
Stars - Birdies - Chip-ins
Most Improved Golfer (based on improved handicap)
Additional prizes may be added by the Awards Committee.
10. You must play with at least one other Ladies Day member to be eligible to win Ladies
Day prizes. Must play on Wednesday.
11. Duplicate awards will be given in case of ties for Season:
Low Putts – Low Ringer – Most chip-ins
12. All 18-hole score cards will be posted for GHIN handicap.
13. If raining at initial tee time, there will be maximum 30-minute delay before canceling
competition for the day.
14. When on the green, continue putting unless you are in another player’s line.
15. Drainage ditches shall be played as hazards – Penalty, drop back – 1 stroke. (Note: If you
take a penalty stroke, you get 2 club lengths.)
16. Lost and Out of Bounds – A ball is out of bounds when all of it lies beyond the inside
line of Out of Bounds Markers. A ball is lost if not found within 5 minutes of
searching. If you think a ball may be lost or out of bounds, play a provisional ball. (You
must tell fellow players what you are doing and hit it prior to looking for the first ball.)
Penalty – stroke & distance
Stroke – hitting first shot
Stroke – hitting second shot from original lie
Stroke – penalty stroke
17. No Penalty Areas – Flower beds - move back 2 club lengths but do not improve line.
Staked trees - take swing relief and move ball so that tree is not in line of flight of ball.
Rocks behind #3 green and screen on #9 tee - drop but do not improve line. Area behind
#15 green - go to nearest point of relief and drop. Ball landing on wrong green or tee -
move back. In all of these situations, you cannot move the ball closer to the hole.
18. All flights will use the “one-drop” rule in the rough. This means that at any time, before
each shot, you have the option to hit the ball as it lies or take a drop (1 club length)
under USGA rules without penalty. No drop will be allowed when your ball lies in a
hazard or within a club length of a tree trunk, fence or an out of bounds marker. (Your
longest club should be used to determine the distance.) When a ball is allowed to be
dropped, it shall not be moved nearer to the hole; to get relief from a natural
obstruction; from rough to fairway; or to any cut of the green. If the ball rolls closer to
the hole or more than 2 clubs lengths away when dropped, drop again. If it still rolls
closer to the hole or away, you may place it. This rule is to be used in the rough or
another fairway. You may still roll the ball in your own fairway (1 open score card
19. Play front (Red) or “Ladies” tee markers at all times.
20. In case of “casual water” or other unnatural conditions on the green, you may place your
ball at the nearest point of relief, no nearer the hole.
21. If you miss the ball, you must count it as a stroke.
22. Soft spikes are required.
IF A PROBLEM ARISES, CONSULT RULES CHAIR (LISA GOINS). IF SHE CANNOT SOLVE IT, SHE WILL GET A RULING FROM THE CLUB PRO.
Juniper Hill Golf Course
800 Louisville Road
Frankfort, KY 40601
Pro Shop: (502) 875-8559
As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. ~ Ben Hogan